Sunday, October 24, 2010

What's happened? I just don't understand it!!

We've been blessed with a beautiful fall here in Minnesota. I was really beginning to wonder though, as back in September all it did was rain and rain and rain. But once October hit we've had our true Indian Summer and it's been wonderful. There have been several days earlier in the month where I actually had to turn on the a/c due to the warm temperatures. But now things are back to normal and daytime temps range in the 50s and nighttimes in the 30s. We've had a couple of frosty nights where things have been nipped a bit but not a true hard frost as of yet. Unfortunately, not even cold enough to kill the pesty biting bugs. But that's coming - you can bet on that.

I do have a problem, though. And I'm not sure I can account for it. Maybe you readers can help me out a bit.

I finally got to the point where I was ready to dump all my flower pots, pick up all my garden decorations and put them away and just get everything organized for winter. That included picking up all the leaves that had fallen from all the trees on 5 acres of property. That's a LOT of leaves, you know.

I started on Friday, continued into Saturday, and with Ole's help got ALMOST everything complete. But by 4 o'clock on Saturday afternoon I had to quit. I could hardly wiggle anymore. And believe me, if I can't wiggle, that's a pretty definite sign that I'm tired. My back hurt, my legs hurt, my arms hurt - I'm not sure there wasn't a part of me that didn't hurt. All this called for a nice long sit in the hot tub and an early to bed.

Now, here's the question: How come a few years ago I could work like this all day long and then go out and party half the night? What happened?

When I complained to my doctor about this lack of energy thingie a couple of weeks ago when I had my annual physical, he told me it probably had something to do with the fact that my age numbers were now on the down side of 60. I told him I didn't want to hear it and that he better come up with a better explanation. (He happens to be the same age I am - ha, ha!)

I keep telling Ole that we have to sell this place and buy something smaller; less acreage = less work, but for some reason he doesn't seem to believe me. I'm at a point in my life where I want to be able to do things I WANT to do (like spend more time quilting, crocheting, etc,. ) and not the things I have to do (mowing grass, pulling weeds, etc.)

Okay - I'm going to go crochet now and watch the Vikings. Do you think they can pull it off and win over the Packers?

Love you all,

Lena

1 comment:

Marge said...

That is exactly the reason that Ernie is so happy renting! The owner lives across the street, his sons live in the upper half of this duplex, and we really have no outside work to do! Oh, Ernie does the fun stuff, like snowblowing or cutting up trees they've chopped down, but he doesn't mow or trim unless he wants to! The downside is that I have no garden and no flower beds, something I really miss. It's also great that we can just up and leave and not worry about a thing outside for a month or two!

The tired stuff? I'm with ya! I can't keep going until midnight anymore either! And oh, the aches and pains when I overdo!

Hasn't our fall been wonderful? I believe it's changing, starting today! Rain and wind on the way, and I'll bet you guys get snow!

Blessings, my friend!