Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Random stuff

I totally forgot to tell you about the Yuppies next door with the hot tub. They've been busy entertaining the neighborhood every morning at 6 a.m. We can't see them because our rigs are back to back, and we didn't want to be too obvious and go over to Rocky and Billie's at 6 a.m. for coffee to watch the show. But we get a full report from Rocky and several others every day as they're all up early drinking coffee by their picnic tables.

Every morning promptly at 6 a.m. the senior citizen yuppies open the door to their rig and come out in their bathrobes. Rocky says they've got to be at least in their late 60s or early 70s. They take the cover off their hot tub, slowly disrobe down to their birthday suits and elegantly step into their hot tub. After exactly 30 minutes they exit the tub, wipe dry with the towels they have brought out with them, slip their robes back on and go back into their rig. They haven't bothered to get to know anybody - just put on their show regularly every morning. Boy - you see all kinds in a place like this.

Karen and Dave have a very busy campsite also, but for a very different reason. They have a Yorkie named Gidget that just had six puppies 8 weeks ago. They were able to find homes for three of them before they left, but have three left. In addition to the Mama dog and the three puppies, they have Scooter who is a rescue Yorkie and Mandy, the old grandma dog. So every morning at 6 a.m. sharp (wonder why he picked that time) Dave has all the puppies outside letting them do their thing and get a little exercise. There's little balls of fluff all over his campsite running and leaping and wrestling and barking. They're very good about staying in the campsite and not wandering off, but if necessary Dave has a rolled up newspaper and all he has to do is wave it in the air and everybody comes racing back. I've tried to get some video of them but they move so fast I haven't been successful yet.

Yesterday was very hot with not much breeze, so we headed up to Deadwood, which is several thousand feet higher hoping that it would be a little cooler. It was, but not enough to make much difference. So we had lunch and then sat on the street, people watched and ate ice cream cones. On the way back to camp we got stuck in some horrible stand still traffic on Lazelle Street in Sturgis. It got so hot sitting there on the street on the motorcycle with no breeze to be had, I thought I was going to get sick. So needless to say when the sun went down and it cooled off we were all grateful.

A friend of Ole's flies his own plane, and he and another buddy flew in this morning. Ole and Dave met them at the airport. They'll be staying with us for a couple of nights and then heading home. Ken is a laugh a minute, so it should be a fun couple of days.

So - I'm giving you all a opportunity to ride on the back of a Harley. Hope you enjoy it. Hang on tight and don't fall off, okay?

Love, Lena

No comments: