Friday, April 16, 2010

Ten Commandments Minnesota Style - Uffdah

1. Der's only one God, ya know.

2. Don't make that fish on your mantle an idol.

3. Cussin ain't Minnesota nice.

4. Go to church even when you're up nort.

5. Honor your folks.

6. Don't kill. Catch and release.

7. There's only one Lena for every Ole. No cheatin.

8. If it ain't your lutefisk, don't take it.

9. Don't be braggin bout how much snow ya shoveled.

10. Keep your mind off your neighbor's hotdish.

I got this email from a blogger friend, Susan, who lives in Florida. She used to live up in the good ole' Nort'land so she knows about what she speaks. She's been COLD in her lifetime. But somewhere along the line she got smarter and moved south. She said she thought about me when she saw this - it must have been the picture of Ole and me on that Minnesota map. I live real close to that top snowflake up there.

In my last post I wrote about Ole's haute courtier wardrobe of flannel shirts. Someone, I can't remember who, wrote me a note and asked me to post a picture of Ole in a suit. Well, I WILL do that - because he does clean up pretty good, you know. But I have a technical issue to deal with first.

Some time ago I bought a new all in one printer. This little marvel is wireless and it prints, scans, copies and faxes and sits there on my credenza and looks pretty besides. Then I had to take my computer in and have some work done on it. Unfortunately when I got it home I can no longer get it to hook up wirelessly. Frustrating. Especially when my computer guru (Big Brother) lives half way around the world from me (a warmer climate also). I'm sure it's something I'm missing/overlooked, and granted I haven't taken a lot of time to try and figure it out because I've had so many other irons in the fire. But because of that I can't scan and get any new pictures onto my computer. I'm sure that getting the printer connected again wirelessly is just one of those five minute jobs that will only take five or six hours. You know how that goes.

So you'll just have to wait to see how handsome Ole is when he cleans up.

Ole and I have been SO productive over the last week or so. We got a new hot tub so we decided that it was time to spruce up the porch that we have it in. We built a 3-season screen room a few years back to put the hot tub in because we got tired of the mosquitoes trying to carry us away in the summer time. So we hauled everything out of the porch and painted the floor. The hot tub is kind of a copper/red color so I put new rugs down on top of my nicely painted terracotta colored floor and I'm going to buy new cushions for the chairs we have in there. Maybe gold as suggested by Lovely Daughter, because there's gold in the rugs on the floor. Pictures to come when it's all completed.

Then yesterday we stained our dance-hall sized deck. You know, it's never big enough when you're having some "doings" out there - it's never big until you start hauling a paint brush back and forth on all those boards. So we had to go sit in the hot tub last night to loosen up all the aches and pains in the arms from the paint brushes.

So I have to tell you about little Lucy and the deck. Lucy is my little blue-eyed cuddle cat, the sweetest kitty ever. I started staining in one corner and Ole started staining in the other. About the time my corner was just tacky Lucy decided she wanted to go in the house - of course across the deck to the patio door. She took her first step and realized that her foot was sticking so she lifted it up and was going to clean it. That's when she felt her other front foot stick, put the first one down and was going to clean the second one. Then she realized that her back feet were sticking and sat down, put one back foot in the air to clean it and realized that her little backside was stuck. She finally stood up, looked at me in the most pitiful way and started crying. "Come and get me, please!" So Lena to the rescue, wiped off her little "pattie paws" and as much of her backside as would come off and deposited her in the house not to be allowed outside again until the deck was dry. When I opened the door to let her out this morning she was VERY hesitant to even put foot on the deck but she eventually went. You know how cats are - you open the door and they stand half way in and half way out making their decision until you give them an assist with your foot!!! (Just a little boost, you know.)

Well, I had best get busy and accomplish something. When Ole gets home from town our project is to clean the garage out. Can you believe that? Three major projects one one week? I truly amaze myself (snicker).

Oh, and by the way, Marge is on her way up Nort' today. She'll be going almost right by my house. I'll be wavin' when you be honkin', Marge. One of these days you'll have to take a detour and stop by my house for some coffee and krumkaka. It's only a six mile detour from either I-29 or I-94.

Love you all, Lena

2 comments:

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Uffdah Lena! Glad you enjoyed the commandments. Knew they would be a ringer for ya!!! You have a good week now!!

Paula said...

What is krumkaka?